WHAT DOES FREEDOM 1ST CREDIT UNION DO WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
WHY? - Financial companies chose how they share your personal information. Federal law gives consumers the right to limit some, but not all sharing. Federal law also requires us to tell you how we collect, share, and protect your personal information. Please read this notice carefully to understand what we do.
WHAT? – The types of personal information we collect and share depend on the product or service you have with us. This information can include:
- Social Security number and assets
- Credit card or other debt and credit history
- Employment information and payment history
When you are no longer our member we continue to share your information as described in this notice.
HOW? – All financial companies need to share members’ personal information when operating their everyday business. In the box below, we list the reasons financial companies can share their members’ personal information; the reasons Freedom 1st Credit Union, Inc. chooses to share; and whether you can limit this sharing.
|Reasons we can share your personal information||Does FFCU share?||Can you limit this sharing?|
|For our everyday business purposes such as:
to process your transactions, maintain your accounts, respond to court orders and legal investigations, or to report to credit bureaus.
|For our marketing purposes –
To offer our products and services to you.
|For joint marketing with other financial companies||YES||NO|
|For our affiliates' everyday business purposes -
Information about your transactions and experiences
|NO||WE DON’T SHARE|
|For our affiliates’ business purposes –
Information about your credit worthiness
|NO||WE DON’T SHARE|
|For our affiliates to market to you||NO||WE DON’T SHARE|
|For our non-affiliates to market to you||NO||WE DON’T SHARE|
What we do
How does Freedom 1st protect my personal information?
To protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures that comply with Federal law. These measures include computer safeguards and secured files and buildings.
How does Freedom 1st collect my personal information?
We collect your personal information when you:
- Open an account, show a driver’s license, give us your contact information, apply for a loan, file an insurance claim, etc.
- We also collect your personal information from other companies such as credit bureaus or other affiliates.
Why can’t I limit all sharing?
Federal law gives you the right to limit only:
- Sharing for affiliates’ everyday business purposes – information about your credit worthiness
- Affiliates from using information to market to you
- Sharing for non affiliates to market to you
State law and individual companies may give you additional rights to limit sharing.
Affiliates – Companies related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and non financial companies.
Freedom 1st Credit Union has no affiliates.
Non Affiliates – Companies not related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and non financial companies.
- Non affiliates we share information with can include insurance companies, government agencies, plastic card processors (credit and debit ATM), mailhouse, consumer reporting agencies, data processors, and check/share draft printers.
Joint Marketing – A formal agreement between non affiliated financial companies that together market financial products or services to you.
- Our joint marketing partners include CUNA Mutual Group’s Member Connect, Hartford Life, and Elavon Credit Cards.